Friday, October 19, 2007

New Developments...

It seems that there is an online petition to keep 377a going around. I was forwarded a link to it to sign. I have not signed it on the basis that this law simply does not uphold the rights of these people but telling them that they are criminals for being who they are.

I know some of my friends are adamant that you can change your sexual orientation as it is all about choices. I hear where they are coming from but also the fact still remains is that, why are we trying to force them to change by saying that they are "criminals"? Would you like someone to regulate your sex life by saying that it is unlawful?

However, I am not saying that someone who preys on children for their sexual kicks, or if a person forces someone else into having sex with them should not be punished. Those people should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. All I am saying is that, why are we putting gays in the same group? If both are consenting adults, should the law come between that? 377a is telling them that they are criminals because they have a different sexual orientation. All of them are normal everyday people, only thing different is that they prefer someone of the same gender as them.

Would it be so disastrous if 377a was abolished?

No comments: