Monday, August 27, 2007

Screwed up and Rude Cabbie

I had a really lousy start to my day this morning when I got a mouthful from a rude cabbie (from Premier). I flagged the cab this morning after missing my bus as I was rushing for a meeting in the office. I told the cab that I wanted to go to City House, Robinson Road just across from Lau Pah Sat. So I told him to take ECP and exit at Marina South. When reaching my destination, I told him to stop me at Lau Pah Sat instead and I can just cross the road. He told me with the new law now, he is only allowed to stop his cab at a designated taxi stand...(can anyone verify this?). Then I told him he can stop me at the Market Street Carpark Taxi Stand instead. He then proceeded to turn into Robinson Road when he was suppose to go straight. When he realised that there wasn't a taxi stand there, I told him to stop me at AIA Tower instead and he complained that he was not a taxi stand and my fare (S$15.80) would not be able to cover the fine. I told him that I instructed him to stop me at the Market Street Carpark Taxi Stand and he went the wrong way so he does not have to right to scold me for his own stupid mistake. He did stop so I paid him with a $50 note and 80 cents. He proceeded to scold me for not giving him advance notice that I was going to pay him with a $50 note. This time I just waited for my change and slamed the door and walked off. It was a really crappy way to start my day after my reservist.

No comments: