Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Funny How Things Are...

Since I read my friend's blog, It has really got me thinking and reflecting about myself. Have I been treating people unjustly? Have I been mean to people whom I call my friends? I like to think of myself as a person who looks beyond the physical - male/female, white/black/yellow, gay/straight, young/old. However I have been made to reflect on these things when I realised that there are still prejudices governing my actions. Strange how things get you thinking and pondering. The action of "Paying It Forward" should be part of our daily lives and not just an after thought. "Little Steps" taken to improve the life of another person or the world as a whole should be celebrated. I know this idea is easier said than done but if we all put in that little effort, think of the things we can accomplish.

I have been rambling on and on about how the world or people as a whole should do. However, I would like to make this pledge of making a conscious effort to put myself in check when these prejudices do crop up in my own life.

No comments: